YO YOS (Melting Moments)
Ingredients - Biscuits
- 150g F.G Roberts’ Self-Raising flour
- 70g Cornflour (gluten-free)
- 185g Butter or Margarine, softened, cubed
- 65g icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
Ingredients - Filling
- 175g (1 cup) icing sugar
- 3 teaspoon Butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons Water
- ¼ teaspoon Vanilla (optional)
Method - Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 160º C.
- Grease or paper-line a scone tray (27 x 37 cm).
- In a medium sized bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Sift icing sugar over butter, add vanilla and beat well.
- In a sturdy plastic bag, mix flours together. Sift over butter mix and fold in to make a stiff paste.
- Roll teaspoonfuls of mixture into balls and place on tray (approximately 20 per tray), allowing a little room for spreading. Flatten the biscuits with the back of a fork making a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Allow to cool on tray before moving to wire rack.
- Mix icing sugar and butter in a small bowl. Add water, a teaspoon at a time and mix until suitable consistency for joining biscuits.
- Join pairs of biscuits together using filling.
Makes approx. 28 pairs.