Very short Shortbread
- 330g F.G. Roberts Plain Flour
- 215g butter, softened
- 30g caster sugar (or to taste)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Beat softened butter and sugar. Add vanilla if desired.
- Gradually mix flour into butter and sugar mix and form into a ball.
- Place in refrigerator for approx. 30 minutes until chilled
- Treat the dough delicately and roll out about 1cm thick (placing the dough between some bake sheet helps).
- Cut into traditional shortbread finger shapes and bake at 180C for 25 to 30mins or until starting to brown.