Vegan Mix Rissoles
- 200g Vegan mix
- 1.5 cups or 375ml of boiling water
- Or pro-rata quantities
- Stir the Vegan Mix and boiling water till evenly combined. Allow to stand for 20 mins plus minutes or until the product is stable enough to handle.
- Roll into a cylinder and slice off patties. Fry both sides in a lightly misted non-stick frypan for about 5 minutes, until golden brown.
- To make falafel balls or Patties suitable for toothpick and shaslik skewers add a small egg to bind the mix.
- Patties may be refrigerated or frozen after preparation. Cooking with eggs, butter or animal fats adds cholesterol. Prolonged deep frying is not recommended as the patties readily absorb excess fat.
Makes 4-8 delicious patties.
Your only limitation is your imagination!