- 210g F.G Roberts’ Self-Raising flour
- 125g Butter
- 125g Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- ½ cup Milk
- Grease and line the base of a 20cm ring tin. Flour sides of tin with a mixture of 2 teas gluten free cornflour and 1 teas caster sugar.
- Set oven to 170 degrees C.
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth and pale in colour and sugar is dissolved.
- Add lightly beaten eggs one at a time and beat well. Add vanilla.
- Divide sifted flour into 4 parts and milk into thirds. On lowest mixer speed, fold in flour and milk alternately, beginning and ending with flour.
- Spoon into prepared tin and bake for 35 minutes. Test with skewer.
- Allow to stand for a few minutes before turning out on to cake cooler.
- Decorate as desired.