Savoury Scrolls & Pizza Buns
- 1 batch of F.G. Roberts traditional bread dough (as per recipe)
- 4 tbsp tomato chutney
- 4 rashers bacon, cut into small cubes
- 200g shredded tasty or melting cheese
- 100g pineapple, cut into small cubes
Try topping with other favourite savoury or sweet ingredients. Enjoy!
- Prepare one batch of F.G. Roberts traditional bread dough, then cut in half.
- Pre-heat oven to 200c fan forced.
- Place small oven proof tray of water at bottom of oven.
For Savoury Scrolls:
- Flatten out one half of the dough on oiled surface to approx. 1cm.
- Top with half the chutney, cheese and bacon.
- Roll the longest edge as tightly as possible, with the seam at the bottom
- Cut into equal approx. 2cm widths.
- Place flat on a bake sheet covered oven tray, ready to bake
For Pizza Buns
- Cut second half of dough into 8 equal pieces, shape into round rolls.
- Top with remainder of chutney, cheese and bacon. Also top with pineapple.
- Flatten topped pizza buns slightly with your fingertips.
- Place on a second bake sheet covered oven tray, ready to bake.
- Bake trays of scrolls and buns together for an initial 10mins at 200c.
- Bake together for a further 30-40mins at 180c.
- Swap trays on oven racks once quickly mid bake to allow even baking.
- Remove from oven. Enjoy warm or cooled. Store in fridge or freezer in air-tight container.