Savoury Scones - Option 1
- 2 ½ cups F.G Roberts Self-raising flour
- ½ cup thickened cream
- ½ cup milk
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup Gruyere cheese, grated
- 2 pork and fennel sausage – squeezed out of their casing
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 beaten egg for brushing
- Preheat oven to 200c and line a tray with baking paper
- Cook the sausage meat in a hot pan with olive oil until golden and slightly crispy and allow to cool.
- Place flour, milk, cream and salt in a bowl and combine until a soft dough forms
- Scrape dough onto a floured bench. If too sticky, dust with a little extra flour. Add chopped parsley, cooked sausage and cheese and gently knead until combined. Don’t overwork.
- Spread onto a sheet of baking to 3cm thick. Divide into 8 pieces using a pastry cutter (or sharp knife) and place them close together. Brush the top with beaten egg and bake for 18-20 minutes or until pale golden, puffed up and delicious.
- Serve warm