- 80g FGR Gluten Free Pastry Flour (PLUS 1-2 Tbsp. extra flour)
- 35g butter (cut into small chunks and kept in freezer)
- 40mls iced water
- 5mls white vinegar
- 1 egg whisked, for brushing (if desired)
- Measure flour and add to a good bowl. Add butter chunks one by one from freezer and rub into flour with finger tips until all butter is rubbed in. If you want a lighter and flakier pastry, leave some butter in smaller chunks.
- Add the iced water and vinegar to the mixture and mix in. If mixture is still wet, add 1 tbsp. of flour at a time until mixture comes together.
- Wrap pastry in Clingfilm (Gladwrap) and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- Roll pastry out between 2 sheets of baking paper until it is about 2-3mm thick. If you are blind baking, prick pastry before going into oven. Bake at 200c.
Makes: 1 sheets
- Try and keep everything cold for this pastry.
- Measure and cut the butter into small chunks, keep in freezer and use bit by bit.
- Add a few ice cubes to the iced water so that it is very cold.
- Brush the top of your pastry with a little whisked egg prior to baking to add a golden colour.