- 500g donut mix
- 400ml milk (add slowly in case it’s too much milk)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 100ml canola oil
- Combine all ingredients and mix well
Tips and Hints
- We recommend a low heat and a slow cook
- Do not spread too thin. No less than half a cm high batter when you spoon it into the pan.
- Cover the cooked pancakes with a tea towel over the plate as you continue to cook. Not only does it keep them warm, the pancakes are slightly crisp straight off the griddle so the steam under the towel makes them lovely and soft and fluffy.
- The yield for this recipe was 10-12 largish pancakes.
- A half batch can be made by using 250gm donut mix, 200gm milk (plus a little extra if it thickens when standing), one egg and 50gm melted butter. Add the vanilla if serving sweet or omit if a savoury dish.