Lemon Coconut Slice
Ingredients - Slice
- 150g F.G Roberts’ Self-Raising flour
- 95g Coconut
- 105g Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 125ml Milk
- 125g Butter
Ingredients – Lemon icing
- 1 ½ cups pure icing sugar or gluten free icing mixture
- 1 teaspoon melted butter
- lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoon coconut
Method - Slice
- Line 20cm x 28cm (8”x11”) tray with baking paper. Preheat oven.
- Sift flour into bowl. Mix in coconut and sugar.
- Add eggs, milk and melted butter. Stir until smooth. (This is a very runny batter)
- Pour into prepared tray and bake at 180ºC for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool in tray.
- Ice with lemon icing. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Cut into 24 squares.
Method - Lemon Icing
- Sift icing sugar into small bowl. Add melted butter and mix.
- Add lemon juice a little at a time until spreading consistency.
- Spread over slice using a heated knife and sprinkle with coconut.