Herbed Potato Soy Quiche
Ingredients - Base
- 200g FG Roberts Soy Grits, pre-soaked and well drained (soak in boiling water for 15 minutes)
- 40g FG Roberts Gluten Free Plain Flour
- 500g potato, cooked and mashed
- 5-10g mixed herbs (fresh or dried)
- 1 59g egg
Ingredients - Filling
- 2 rashers lean bacon, diced
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 100g tasty cheese, grated
- 3 eggs (59g)
- 125ml skim milk
- 15g parmesan cheese
- Pre heat oven to 180°C. Grease and line the base of a 23cm (9inch) pie dish.
- Combine flour, potato, soy grits and mixed herbs and egg. Mix well.
- Press into the base and sides of the greased dish.
- Fry bacon and onion together for 2-3 minutes, drain and place on top of the base with the tasty cheese.
- Beat eggs and milk together, pour over bacon, onion and tasty cheese. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the quiche is set in the centre.
Makes approx. 28 pairs.