- 185g F.G Roberts’ Self Raising flour
- 125g Butteror Margarine
- 80g (½ cup) Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg (59g)
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 70g (½ cup) Walnuts, chopped
- Set oven to 160 degrees
- Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and honey. Beat well.
- Add sifted flour and walnuts and mix gently.
- Place heaped teaspoons of mixture on greased or baking paper lined trays, allowing 5cm for spreading.
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Cool on tray for a few minutes before removing to wire rack.
- Add ½ cup coconut
- Add ½ cup finely chopped dried apricots
- Add ½ cup sultanas, currants or mixed fruit
- Add ½ cup mixed crushed nuts
Add sultanas that have been soaked in orange juice or use pecan nuts instead of walnuts