Dairy Free Stirred Custard
- 250ml Water
- 25g F.G Roberts’ Soy Compound
- 2 eggs - 1 whole and 1 yoke
- 1 ½ tablespoons Sugar
- Vanilla to taste
- A dash of brandy (optional)
- Place ingredients into a bowl and whisk all together until combined and soy compound is dissolved.
- Pour into a saucepan and heat gently, stirring continuously 5-8 minutes
- Increase heat and boil for 30 seconds to a 1 minute – patience is the key. It will thicken all of a sudden.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool before enjoying
Perfect to use as a pouring custard