Crunchy Peanut Cookies
- ¾ cup Bunbury biscuit mix
- ¼ teaspoon bi carb soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup castor sugar
- ½ cup coarse grits
- ½ cup coconut
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- ½ cup crunchy peanut b utter
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 6 tablespoon water
- Mix Bunbury biscuit mix, bi card soda and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Add castor sugar, coarse grits, coconut and lemon rind – mix well
- Rub peanut butter into dry ingredients until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Make a well in the centre of mixture, add golden syrup and add water gradually, stirring to make a soft dough
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly until smooth. Wrap dough in cling wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Divide mixture in half, roll out dough to 5mm thickness, cut with 6cm flour cutter.
- Place on greased oven tray, bake for approx.. 8 minutes or until golden brown
- Allow to cool on trays for a few minutes before placing on wire racks.