Chewy Gingerbread Square Recipe
- 2 ½ cups F.G. Roberts Chix Mix - Cookie Mix
- 15g ground ginger
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Egg
- 60g melted butter (or veg spread or oil)
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3 tbsp boiling water
- Prepare lined baking tray and pre-heat oven to 175C.
- Combine Chix Mix, ginger and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Lightly whisk egg and combine into to dry ingredients.
- Melt butter and rice malt syrup in a separate bowl.
- Combine boiling water and bicarbonate of soda in a small cup and add to melted butter.
- Add butter mix to remaining dry ingredients and combine well to form the dough.
- Adding a little dry mix to your hands and bake sheet, press or roll dough out flat on a lined tray.
- Bake at 175C for approx. 10mins or until nicely browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring.
- Once cooled, cut to desired shape (squares or walls for a gingerbread cottage).
Enjoy gingerbread squares simply or create your own gingerbread house and decorate, using your own ideas and imagination. Enjoy!