- 1 batch of F.G. Roberts traditional bread dough (as per recipe)
- 2 tbsp butter (or margarine) for spreading
- 5 tbsp Gluten Free Vegemite
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- Pre-heat oven to 200c fan forced.
- Place small oven proof tray of water at bottom of oven.
- Prepare one batch of F.G. Roberts traditional bread dough as per recipe on packet.
- Once combined, turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and lightly flatten the dough by pressing down to approx. 1cm thick.
- Spread the butter and then the Vegemite over the dough.
- Sprinkle with cheese
- Roll the longest edge as tightly as possible, with the seam at the bottom
- Cut into equal approx. 3cm widths.
- Place flat on a bake sheet covered oven tray
- Proof for 30 minutes in a warm spot
- Bake for an initial 10mins at 200c.
- Bake for a further 25-30 minutes at 180c.
- Remove from oven.
Enjoy warm or cooled. Store in fridge or freezer in air-tight container.