Bunbury baked cheesecake
Ingredients - Base
- 225g F.G Roberts Bunbury Biscuit Mix
- 50grams melted butter
- 50mls water
- *Makes 12 to 14 large biscuits
Ingredients – Cheesecake
- 250g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- Berries, to serve
- Icing sugar, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180and line 12 patty pan trays with 2 patty pan liners
- Add Bunbury’s dry mix, melted butter and water to a mixing bowl. Combine well to form a call of dough
- Roll teaspoon sized balls of mixture into each patty pan and flatten with a glass base OR roll to 4-5mm thickness
- Bake 7-10 minutes or until tops are golden – allow to cool
- Use an electric beater to beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and lemon juice until light and creamy (4-6 mins)
- Beat in the eggs one at a time and blend well (2-3 mins )
- Pour the cheese mixture into a saucepan and cook over a low heat (no more than 80 degrees) until the consistency of a lightly thickened custard. (Approx. 10-12 mins). TIP: Make sure to keep stirring so the custard mix does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Gently pour the custard mix over the cooled bases. TIP: pour into the cases over the back of a spoon so to not disturb the bases
- Bake in a preheated oven 15-20 mins at 180 degrees until set.
- Allow to cool in the pan then chill for at least an hour before lifting out of the paper cases and serving.
- Top with fresh berries and a dusting of icing sugar just before serving. TIP: a small amount of jam under the berries will keep them in place for serving!