Boiled Fruit Cake
- 400g F.G Roberts’ Self-Raising flour
- 1kg Mixed Fruit (your choice)
- 185g Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- 200ml Brandy
- 125ml Water
- 250g Butter
- 5 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoon Mixed Spice
- Set oven to 160 degrees C (slow oven).
- Grease and line base and sides of 23cm round or 19cm square cake pan.
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Place fruit, sugar, Mixed spice, brandy, butter and water into a saucepan Bring to boil
- and simmer for 10 mins, take off heat place lid on saucepan and leave to completely cool.
- Add eggs to fruit mixture. Mix well. Stir in sifted dry ingredients.
- Spoon mixture evenly into prepared pan and bake for about 1½ hours or until skewer comes out clean. Cool a little in tin before turning out.
- Allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Keeps for up to 8 weeks.